advanced trauma life support (atls)
The ACS and its Committee on Trauma (COT) have developed the ATLS program for doctors. This program provides systemic and concise training for the early care of trauma patients. The ATLS program provides participants with a safe, reliable method for immediate management of the injured patient and the basic knowledge necessary to:
- Assess the patient’s condition rapidly and accurately
- Resuscitate and stabilize the patient according to priority
- Determine if the patient’s needs exceed a facility’s capacity
- Arrange appropriately for the patient’s inter-hospital transfer (who, what, when, and how)
- Assure that optimum care is provided and that the level of care does not deteriorate at any point during the evaluation, resuscitation, or transfer processmum care is provided
An ATLS® 10th Edition manual; pre-course reading is essential to be able to participate fully in the course and pre-test.
- The course is composed of lectures and audiovisual presentations followed by hands-on practical station rotations.
- Testing includes written examinations and observed performance at these practical skill stations.
- The materials and presentations in these courses conform to national standard.
- Day 1: 7:30 AM. To 6:00 PM
- Day 2: 8:00 AM To 5:00 PM
- Day 3: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
** Recommended For:
Surgery, Anesthesia, Critical Care and Emergency Physicians
Subscribe our newsletters and stay uptodated with latest courses